No this is not an all about me post. I just decided, well not really that I decided just now because I know that I have neglected this poor blog for quite some time, I just really have not had anything to write about. I guess maybe I have had stuff, but I can say that I was busy, which was true. I can use the excuse that I am a college student and have lots of homework, which is true. I can say that I am a mom with a job as well, which is true. But that stuff could be excuses for blogging, but really, I just have not felt like it. So here I sit on a bed in Sequim with nothing to do, when really I do have stuff to do - such as sleep, but who wants to do that? So I thought that maybe, just maybe I would update my blog! YAY!!! to that I say - what-ever - haha.
So what is a birthday blog. Since it was Mad's birthday this past week and mine the start of the week (tomorrow) I decided to find holiday's or observances in the month of September that we just may not know about. Maybe it is time we start a movement and petitioning we have these days off. So here it goes:
National Observance Month
National Shameless Promotion Month (good to know)
Pleasure Your Mate Month (I am NOT making this one up here's the link to see for yourself http://www.brownielocks.com/september.html)
Update Your Resume Month
Subliminal Communications Month (can you subliminally communicate to someone and let them know that your resume needs updating and therefore you can kill two things with one stone?)
National Weekly Observances
September 14-19: Line Dance Week (who doesn't want to do the Achy Breaky Heart?hehe)
September 13-19: Balance Awareness Week (practice standing like a flamingo with a book on top of your head)
September 20-26: National Clean Hands Week (finally, we can wash our hands!)
National Holiday (don't you think if you have more than one holiday on your bday it should really be a holiday - it must mean it's a pretty special day..haha)
September 17: Citizenship Day; Constitution Day; VFW Ladies Auxiliary Day
September 20: Women's Friendship Day
But here are a few funny holidays that I think we MUST observe (seriously, who made these holidays? These people were smoking something)
September 19 (it has some great holidays) Talk Like a Pirate Day; Big Whopper Liar Day (please explain this one to me)
September 12: Video Games Day (what kid, or adult, would not like to have a day off work or school to play video games? I think this one MUST be made into law - when I'm president...)
September 9: How Much longer (seriously, how much longer is this post going to be..hehe)
September 8: Another Look Unlimited Day (huh?)
September 9: Wonderful Weirdos Day (technically, couldn't we all be weirdoes and all get the day off work or school because it is our day?)
September 25: Hug a Vegetarian Day (what about the meat lovers); National One-Hit Wonder Day (that way we will never forget their song)
3 comments:
Those are HILARIOUS!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I think they should all be national holidays! Have a great b-day tomorrow!
Love it! Nice to know my birthday is also hug a vegetarian day. I'll have to find one to hug. Hope you had a fabulous birthday!!
Post a Comment