Friday, March 18, 2011

Texas...hmmm

This past week has been Spring Break at Weber, and can I tell you how much I have enjoyed having my evenings free?  It has been sort of relaxing.  Yes, I said sort of.  The reason, I decided since I did not have my classes to go to, I would accompany Brent on one of his jobs to Texas.  Can I tell you something else?  Well it doesn't matter if you don't want to hear it because I am still going to tell you.  I have no desire to ever move to Texas.  Maybe I was tired when we arrived or yeah, maybe I was tired, but it was just hmmm.  That is all I have to say about it.  Not that we spent much time in Texas, because we didn't.  29 hours on Texas soil is all the time we spent there.  We had an early morning flight, landed in Austin, drove to Killeen where Brent worked, drove back towards Austin, stopped at the Salt Lick in Round Rock (which was absolutely FABULOUS - and this would be the only reason why I would ever, EVER go back to Texas).  Oh the Salt Lick was a bbq place that has been featured on many tv shows and it really lived up to the hype.  I am not sure that we will ever enjoy any other bbq ever again.  EVER.  (Bbq pork ribs..mmmm..my mouth salivates just thinking about those delicious, tender, morsels of meat, falling off the bone right into my mouth..mmm)(yes,  parentheses right in a row- you know pork must be good when I say it is good because normally I hate anything pork).   Tuesday, caught another early morning flight, flew to Amarillo, Brent worked, I drove around the town (nothing but brown and tan color), had lunch at a Mexican Cafe/Tortilla factory, bought some Bitipies (little pies that have a following in Amarillo, and I can see why, they are exactly that, cute, tiny, yummy, little pies - oh, and the German Chocolate cake was out of this world), headed to the airport and flew home.
The next day I worked all day (okay 9-4), did that on Thursday as well, and worked on Friday.  Can I just say I am incredibly tired and that I need a break from this Spring Break to catch up on sleep?  Late nights and early mornings just don't mix (and no, it not because I am getting old).
So the point to this post...not really sure.  Maybe that I need to go back to Texas to give it another chance?  Maybe I need to go back to Texas just to get the bbq?  Maybe I don't ever in my life want to move to Texas?  If you can decide what the point to this post was, feel free to comment and let me know.  But right now, it is 12:30am - Saturday morning, my eyes are dry and tired and I think I hear my bed yelling at me.  That's right, YELLING!

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Sounds to me like you found the best part of Texas...the food!!

meegz said...

Philip said that the first time he went to texas...but after several trips, I think its starting to grow on him.:)