Saturday, May 10, 2008

Quick and Easy way to do Housework

****Update**** In two paragraphs I am talking about a song that I HAD on my playlist, but it is no longer on it. It was taken off since there was no longer a source for the song, but when you get a chance to hear it, it is great. It is played on the radio, at least 101.9 quite a bit. But ignore where I tell you to listen to the song. I was just lazy to delete that paragraph.

So I really am sorry that I make you read my incredibly long posts. That is so not fair. I am just very long winded, I guess. One day I will learn how to quit rambling and keep it short and sweet and to the point, but in my mind, that is what I am doing, but when I go back and read what I wrote, OH MY WORD!!!! It is so not short...so let me apologize in advance, I am sorry they are so long!!!! Needless to say, this one is not short either, although, it did start out short, and then I starting rambling, like now.....
So, first things first, if this song is not playing you need to scroll down on my playlist player to the bottom and click on Viva la Vida by Coldplay. It is awesome!!! And for my husband, hint...hint...Coldplay is coming in concert..hint...hint....NOVEMBER 22, tickets go on sale on June 14...hint, hint....that is barely over a month away...Maybe that is what I will get your for Father's day!?!!!!! LOL!!!!
Maybe I would be more subtle if I only had Coldplay songs playing on my playlist player over and over again and a countdown meter counting down the days until Coldplay comes...hmmm, that is a thought....lol....
Okay, so I am having my house appraised on Monday and needless to say I am busy cleaning. So I was wondering how I can clean my house quickly and still have time left over? Well, you may have seen this before, I know I have, but I thought I would share it. I think I am going to try it today, I think it will help.
1. Open a new file in your PC.
2. Name it “Housework”.
3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.
4. Click on “Empty the Recycle Bin”.
5. Your PC will ask you, “Are you sure you want to delete Housework permanently?”
6. Calmly answer, “Yes,” and press the mouse button firmly...
7. Feel better? Works for me!
Sorry, no pictures on this post of me cleaning. Honestly you think I would have a picture of me cleaning, let alone doing laundry!?! I am quite scary looking when I am cleaning and my room is quite scary with laundry.....sweat, morning hair, no makeup, usually wearing my glasses, not a very pretty site I would have to say....But maybe I think I should to show my family all the work I have to do to clean up after them, so maybe I will take a picture...just kidding...they do their fair share as well. So I cannot take all the credit.
Oh, that reminds me, funny story...Last night it was our Ward Temple Night. We left the kids home - of course. Garrett and Parker wanted to get out their trains and build a track in the family room on the floor. This is their HO - see previous posts on how that is pronounced since I will not go into it again and the obsession with trains - but it is their HO trains they wanted to run. So I agree as long as they clean.
Well, they did, and even vacuumed. Garrett also went as far as cleaning the kitchen, doing the dishes and wiping the countertops down. Truly, he did an awesome job - so Thank You Garrett!
But we came home and the boys started to argue with one another, so it led me to believe that they had been this way, we ended up getting in a discussion that they do not need to treat each other this way and if this is the attitude we are going to return home to, maybe we need to get them a babysitter to help keep them in a good mood when we come home.
Garrett stormed off, he was mad I would even mention getting a babysitter for him and started to get mad at me and saying, "I do not appreciate him and what he did when we were gone to the Temple. He made sure the house was cleaned and I was not even acting like I appreciated it."
First it made me laugh, because this is what I do everyday and this is how I feel at times. Next it made me think, do my kids need more chores or responsibilities. We talked about it and I reminded him how it is frustrating to have cleaned something and then to have someone destroy it or act like they really don't appreciate it. But let me tell each of my kids, Garrett, Parker, and Madi, that I am grateful for them and that I love them tons and tons! You guys are truly the best and I am proud to be their mother. Whatever I need them to do, they are willing to do it, and if someone else, such as a neighbor needs help, they are willing to help out. I love them! I honestly could not have asked for better kids, they are AWESOME!!!!



2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Your kids ARE awesome! I love them to death & hope my kids end up like them. Your kids are so obedient & kind & BRILLIANT! TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS!!! Oh, and I LOVE Coldplay too! :)

meegz said...

heidi -- you have the best family! Your children truly are very respectful.....I appreciate that! THANKS!! Hope you had a WONDEFUL mothers day!