
So, I know what you are thinking....I secretly drink... On my weeknights is when I, or more like Brent and I go to the bar. Not really...here is what we were doing at the Saloon..we did not go there to drink, well not drink as in get drunk, we did get a drink though. I ordered Root Beer, Brent a water. But the reason we, Brent and I, went to the Shooting Star Saloon is because my brother, Doug, was in town. His birthday was last month and my parents wanted him to come to Utah and they wanted to take him to the Shooting Star for their famous hamburger, which is incredibly good. Now, I love In-n-Out Burger, and if you have ever had an In-n-Out burger, I am sure you would agree that they are delicious - which bring me to a quick side note, whoever wants to join me, I can only take six others because that is all my van will allow for, I think I am going to head to St. George for lunch one day. I am going to leave at, oh let's say 8am. In-n-Out Burger is open in St. George, so whoever wants to join me for lunch day, just let me know. Brent thinks I am crazy, but no, I'm not. Their burger, along with the fries sound good and I am sure will be well worth the drive and the $100.00 worth of gas that

I will put in. Oh, and we will be returning the same day, we will be back hopefully no later than 6pm, it just depends on how many of you will need to take restroom stops. Anywho, back to my real story, the Saloon I went to the other night....the Shooting Star Saloons shooting star burger is right up there with In-n-Out though.
The first time that Brent and I went to the Shooting Star Saloon, many, many, years ago, I think before Garrett was born, we were told that we would be able to share a burger since they are so big. So, that is what we did, we shared. Either we were really hungry and just plain pigs, that one burger did not fill us up. So, up to the bar we go and order another shooting star burger. You see, this burger could kill you, I have decided. If you are on a diet, it is probably all your points for one week, it is that bad for you. On this burger, you have two patties, they claim they are low fat, but why I ask, what is the point? So two patties, with a polish knackwurst, lettuce,melted cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and ketchup. And honestly, it is at least four inches thick.



Each time my brother has come to town the Saloon is always closed. So finally we caught them on a day/time that they were open. It is a fun place to visit, lots of history in it.
So, I did some research on the S

hooting Star Saloon and found that it was
established in 1879 and it is said that it is Utah's oldest continuously operating saloon. I asked, and they have about $10,000 worth of real money, ranging from $1's to $100's pinned on their ceiling. I think every square inch of their walls had something on it, including the biggest stuffed St. Bernard head, and there is a moose head as well.
But, seriously if you want a good, very bad for you hamburger, head up to Huntsville to the Shooting Star Saloon.

4 comments:
You seriously crack me up! I've never been to In-n-Out, so apparently I need to go on this lunch outing with you. :) And I loved the picture of that burger. How did you even fit it in your mouth?!
Heid- you are making me so hungry! so what did you all do with the kids since you are all there together? Are they inside that burger. He, He, He. Count me in for the trip! We can sleep over at my ranch for the night! Love, Jude
Heid- you are making me so hungry! so what did you all do with the kids since you are all there together? Are they inside that burger? He, He, He. Count me in for the trip! We can sleep over at my ranch for the night! Love, Jude
I'm with brent -- you're crazy:) Enjoy the SUN in ST. George though.:) Where is this Saloon??
Post a Comment