
As I have volunteered in my children's classes and worked in a school as well as going to school and taking an Exploring Education class, I have come to realize what a vital role both parents and teachers together play in a child's education. I have always known this, but last year it really made an impression on me when I was aiding in a fifth grade class. It was sad to see the children who knew that their parents did not care about their education. These kids would ask for help on homework because they did not have the help or support at home.
But I think beyond school, I think that this poem can apply to us and our Heavenly Father. I think that we need to have our Heavenly Father on one side and us on the other when we are raising these sweet spirits. With his hand and his guidance we are led and guided when molding our children. We know that we have someone helping us when we look to our Father in Heaven for help in teaching and raising our children. Without our Father in Heavens help the job of raising our children becomes hard. I am grateful that I have a Heavenly Father that I can turn to in my time of need and when I need his love and guidance while raising my children. I am grateful that he has helped me to mold them into becoming the sweet, wonderful children that they are. I am grateful that my kids have this knowledge that they have a loving Heavenly Father that wants to see them succeed and do well and that they know that they can turn to him for guidance whenever they need it.
So as this new school year begins, I am going to miss spending time with my kids. They probably would say that they have not done anything fun this summer and that they have had to sleep on the floor and get a house ready for carpet (honestly, I think it might have been easier to move). But I hope my kids know that not only will Brent and I be there to help them with their education, their teachers will be there and so will their Heavenly Father.
3 comments:
Thanks for posting this - I feel the same way!
Love the poem. Like I said on my blog, I couldn't do it without the professionals!
You can tell you and Brent are awesome parents just by looking at how great your kids are!
Post a Comment