Monday, January 12, 2009

Hahaha...If only my husband knew...

Seriously, did you think I was going to post something bad? No, not quite. Here I sit at 10:18pm on my bed, surfing other peoples blogs and finally updating my blog..WooHoo!!!! "But why the title of your blog?" you might ask.
Well, Brent thinks I am doing my homework; he left to go downstairs into the dungeon and do whatever he was doing down there, and left me upstairs on our bed thinking that I was going to work on my homework. Well, he is wrong, that is not what I am doing.
I know, I am only a week into school, but really, I am not very happy with one class. It is my only online class this semester and the teacher - well...hmmm...I thought I was going to enjoy this class but I can already tell that I do not think that is going to be the case.
Now, you would think Interior Design would be a fun class to take. Seriously, I thought it would be, and I still hold out that glimmer of hope that it might end up being that way 16 weeks from now, but honestly, that glimmer is starting to fade after I took my first test today. Oh, wait, that glimmer faded after last week after I read the syllabus and it made absolutely no sense in the world.
Now don't get me wrong, she may be a nice person and may be good at what she does, the teacher that is, and designing and decorating are what I am referring to, but teaching, I do not really think this is her strong point. But, like I said, I am holding out hope - although, not much.
So I should be working on my homework, like I said, but really, I do not feel like doing it. I should, but after my day (everyone get out that little violin for me and start playing it) I just want to be lazy. Here is how it went:
7:00 - Alarm goes off (this was the second time it has gone off this morning - but I am not including the paper route). Get ready for work. Get Parker and Madi up and get them ready for school and out the door.
9:00 - Work at Elementary School
11:30 - Leave work and head to Weber for Science class.
12:00 - Get to Weber and head to class
12:50 - Class is over - head home for a small break.
1:05 - Get home, let the dog out, have lunch, study for the test that I need to take at 4pm. Oh, also get caught up on GTU (It was today's show and I fast forwarded through most of it - sometimes, I just get bugged) but it was on while I was studying and eating (multi-tasking).
1:45 - Head back to Elementary to work for one hour ***side note**** Now, I used to think that teaching kindergarten would be a blast, maybe even first grade, BUT, I do not think that is going to happen. I made my mind up about that 10 years ago after volunteering for the first time in Garrett's kindergarten class. Seriously, they are adorable children, but oh my work, I am not sure I have the patience to teach 20+ children that age. I admire those teachers that do that. I had three children in my afternoon group today, a kindergartner, a first grader, and a second grader and they were a handful! Not bad, just needing my undivided attention.
2:00 - work at Elementary for one hour
3:15 - Ended up being a little big longer - like I said, undivided attention: math, reading, and handwriting.
3:30 - Get home
3:55 - Head to Weber to take a test (that class I was telling you about earlier - random questions on the test that I took)
4:00-4:20 Take test
4:20 - Head home
4:30 - Be a Mom for a half hour before I leave again
5:00 - Leave for Weber, again - in Ogden
5:30 - ASL class. Okay, I abandoned the idea that I was going to speak Spanish. It is just not going to happen. But ASL - you can think in English. This was my second night of class and the teacher picked on, I mean called on me - okay really it was me and another girl, but then he had her sit, (he had the class playing a command game) but now I am standing up in front of the class and he has me pick someone in the class and he had me start giving them instruction!!!! Okay. I know how to fingerspell, but that is not what I did, I actually gave a few commands in Sign!!!
7:30 - Class is over, time to head home for the day!
7:45 - Eat dinner.
8:30 - Put kids to bed.
9:00 - Brent thinks I am going to work on my homework - he was wrong!
10:18 - Start my blog posting
10:42 - Glare at my husband for giving me a hard time - guess where he is going to sleep tonight..hahaha, just kidding Brent.

So, not that I am looking for sympathy, because I am not. That is why I am not doing my homework - I just do not feel like it. Therefore, I will do it tomorrow.

6 comments:

meegz said...

Oh how I DREAD days like that. I empathize with you. I had our first two by the time I graduated --- and nursing and school really don't go well together. UGH. This too shall pass I promise!:)

Julie said...

congrats on the sign language, that's cool.
Isn't that why we look forward to being adults, so we can choose when or if we do things? Let your mom, I mean Brent, stew over that.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! You make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Um...I still don't see my blog on your blog...I'm starting to take it personally.

~heidi said...

um, i noticed the other night that i had not put your blog link on my blog...so, i guess, just kidding, i will go do it right now :)

Nic said...

Heidi,
I catch myself feeling the same way as you, frequently. I would much rather blog. YOU are one busy woman.