Wednesday, April 8, 2009

San Diego

Sometimes just to be able to get away for a day is all one needs. A couple of weeks ago I went with Brent to Seattle and yesterday, San Diego. Unfortunately, I did not take my digital with me to Seattle. I did take my film camera with black and white film. So, as soon as those pics are developed, I will scan them and post them - but only after I finish or more like start and finish my final.
Anywho, I decided I would take the digital to San Diego. I WAS going to be adventurous and go sight seeing by myself, but I did not. We had a fun rental vehicle, a Nissan Rogue, but there was only one MAJOR problem with it. When I drove it, all I could adjust on the seat was back and forth. Ok, I know I have a height deficiency and this vehicle only made it worse. Brent saw me drive away and thought I looked a bit funny. I just was not comfortable driving or more like parking this vehicle. Call me sill, but I guess I like to be able to see over the dashboard. So how else should I spend the next three hours? Shopping, or more like walking through stores. Still fun though.
Once Brent was done we drove to Carlsbad and then down the coast through Encinitas, La Jolla, and then to San Diego. Short trip, but still fun. The best part...the warm weather, well in the upper 60's, the humidity, the breeze, the BLUE SKY, the ocean, the drive down the ocean, FRESH. ENORMOUS. JUST PICKED STRAWBERRIES - yummy, the shrimp cocktail, and lunch on the beach! It was a great way to spend a day!



"Excuse me while I kiss the sky." Jimi Hendrix



'








A person should go out on the water on a fine day to a small distance from a beautiful coast, if he would see Nature really smile. Never does she look so delightful, as when the sun is brightly reflected by the water, while the waves are gently rippling, and the prospect receives life and animation from the glancing transit of an occasional row-boat, and the quieter motion of a few small vessels. But the land must be well in sight; not only for its own sake, but because the immensity and awfulness of a mere sea-view would ill accord with the other parts of the glittering and joyous scene. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827



follow-up: Quick and easy sort of recipe, really there is no preparation involved, but, take a strawberry, dip it in sour cream, then roll it in brown sugar, and eat! If you have never tried this, you must! It is delicious!

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks so pretty! Why couldn't Brigham Young gone on to San Diego? Haha!