Okay, so here is what I am leading up to. The purse has to be just right. Girls,I think you understand this. Maybe it does not take you as long as it does me to find a purse, but still, you have to love it. Well, 3 years ago my brother in law called and told me that TJMaxx had a hot pink Dooney and Bourke purse. I LOVE Dooney and Bourke purses. This purse was hot pink with the DB logo all over the fabric. I bought it!! All $69.00 of the purse. That is the most I have ever spent on a purse. I have used this purse everyday as my purse (I do not switch my purse out - I buy it and use it until I get bored of it or I need a new one, such as the case this time). Well, for those of you who know, $69.00 is an awesome deal on a Dooney and Bourke purse. They sell for a whole lot more than that. So, fast forward three years, I need to replace my purse. I have used my purse until my kids are telling me I need a new purse. Even Brent is taking me to stores to shop for a new purse (see, I told you he enjoys purse shopping). Well, let me show you pics of this oh-so-loved-Dooney and Bourke purse. Just remember, it used to be cute and hot..as in hot pink.
| It used to have a tassel on top to help pull the zipper open. |
| Nope, I don't think I need a bigger purse to hold all my crap..receipts mainly |
There you go, the cute Dooney and Bourke purse, okay once was cute. I finally parted with, so much so that it is heading to the dump. If somebody out there wants it, let me know, it is in the garbage can until Friday :)
Well, Saturday this past Saturday that is, I went with Brent to Cabela's. I was NOT in a shopping mood. After Cabela's he asked if I wanted to stop at TJMaxx in Draper. I said sure. Nope, butt-stinkin ugly purses there. Seriously. Huge blingy things on them. Big emblems on them. NOT my style, nor were any the right color. They did have a Dooney and Bourke purse, but wrong shade of orange and I did not like the material it was made out of. So, off to JCPenney's. Back in April I saw a purse at Penney's that I thought was cute. Orange. Check. Just the right size. Check. Cute. Check. Cute handles. Check. Pockets. Check. Not mom looking. Check. Okay, surely they would still have it..haha..I knew they wouldn't but thought I would check and see if they had something cute. Well they had a similar one, in fact the same but bigger purse to one I have had. But, I did not want to buy it. Off to Macy's. HA, like they are going to have anything cheap.
Okay, so I head to the purse section. The annoying sales lady walks over and asks if I need any help in looking for a purse. "No thank you, I am just looking," I reply.
The woman would not give up. "What are you looking for?"
"I am just looking, thank you, I really don't know what I want."
Sales lady, "what sort of price do you want to pay?"
Me, "I really am just looking."
Oh, did I tell you I did not feel like shopping? Yeah, purse shopping especially!
Now Brent starts to answer her questions for me.
Brent, "She doesn't know what she wants."
"Is there a particular size you are looking for?"
Brent, "nope, she doesn't know what she wants - she wants big then little."
Lady, "what color do you want?"
Brent, "yep, she wants a color."
Lady, "do you like green?"
(I told you...it has to be the right shade, right..such as lime green!)
Well, by now, I had had it with Brent answering my questions and this lady not letting me just look, so I tell her yes I like green, but I did not tell her it had to be lime.
So she shows me some ugly hunter green shade. It was freaking (sorry for such harsh language) ugly.
I tell her, "Nope, I don't like that shade." I looked grandma-ish as well.
So she tells me to to hold on, she has a purse she wants to show me. She walks over and grabs a red purse. A muted red sort of. Cute handles. It's cute. Not sure it is what I would have picked out, but.....
She shows me the price...$109.00!!!! I have never spent that much on a purse and I was not about to spend that much now! She then tells me that she sold this purse on Friday and it rang up at $36.00. She said she would go double check the price with tax and tell me what the price would be....$30.00!!!
Guess what, I found me a purse! 75% off - can't pass that up, and it was not ugly. It was red..muted red, but oh well. Pockets. Cute style. LOVE IT (Brent just mocked me for posting that part)!!! Especially the price!!!
So, for this really long post, here are pictures of the purse!
4 comments:
As a serious purse-a-holic, I must say the red one is gorgeous! I love it. I don't know how you could use the same purse for 3 years, mine typically last a few months. It was worth the wait tho, great purse and an even better price!
(BTW- Happy Birthday. I'm a terrible visiting teacher, I should've polka squared your house!)
It's cute!! I really like it. Don't you love a good deal?? It makes it that much better!
With a shelf full of purses...much to Todd's dismay...I have to say "Excellent Choice!" Cute purse...fabulous price! (I think I'm jealous.)
Cute, cute, cute! And, if you were at Cabela's, why didn't you come visit me? I seriously live like 2 minutes up the hill from Cabelas!
Post a Comment