Sunday, May 1, 2011

Past Week and then some

Now that I have a break from school, and the fact that it is technically Sunday morning - 1:32am - I thought I would play a little bit of catch up on my blog.  Basically pictures that I took off the camera this afternoon.
First, last week (I guess nearly two weeks ago), while the boys were at Young Men's, we took Madi shooting at the shooting range.  She has been asking Brent if we could go shooting sometime so that she could shoot her rifle.  Let's just say the boys were not too happy when they found out what we did while they were away.
Madi, shooting her pink rifle.  




At Madi's school, the 5th and 6th grade Spectrum kids put on Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Holy Moley, these kids had some lines to learn.  And yes, they did it Shakespeare style.  The kids put on the entire production, including running the sound and lights.  They had the students that play instruments do the orchestra portion.  It was a full production put on 5th and 6th graders.  Madi was a Fairy Dancer and she did an awesome job!







Garrett went to Prom!  Here are a few photos we shot prior to him leaving.  I had the main camera, Brent shot a pic on his phone...guess who he is looking at in this first photo..one guess, and it wasn't me :)




I asked him to come back to the house after he picked up his date.  I wanted to get some pictures of the two of them.  Hindsight, I should have shot the picture against the trees, not looking at the houses in the background.  But I knew that he was in a hurry to meet the other couples, so I ran out of the house with the camera and snapped a few pictures and then let them go on their way for the evening.






And because I did not get a picture of Parker this past week and this post seems to have both Garrett and Madi, I figured I needed to balance things out and put some pictures of Parker up....to make it fair :)  And because I love him as well.



The next few photos were taken a few weeks ago..okay maybe a month ago.  They were taken at a train park and the snow had just melted.  The kids wanted to go to the park and check out the train track and the water around the track from the melting snow/rain.  Duncan was having a blast...as you can see in the photos.  


Yes, they are holding their hands out towards Duncan and yelling, "STOP!!!"
He was barreling towards them at full speed!

Still yelling, "STOP DUNCAN!!! NO, STOP!!!!"

Madi checking out the water damage Duncan did do her.  No one fell in, just a lot of water splashed all over them.










Duncan LOVES LOVES LOVES going down slides! He absolutely loves them.  THIS is one of the many reasons why he thinks he is not a dog.

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love the pink rifle and the fact that Maddie was in a Shakespere play! Can't believe Garrett is old enough to go to prom. And Parker gets better looking all the time. You're kiddos are really growing up!!!