Well, last year, my favorite radio station up and quit one day. Disappeared. I listened to them the day day before and the next day they were gone. That afternoon I had a message that someone wanted to be my friend. It was a new radio station. It was not really new, they were just changing their format. So I decided to like them. Right after I liked them, U2 announced that they were coming to Utah and 104.7 was giving away tickets to their concert. All you had to do was become friends with the radio station. Hello!?! I am not going to let a chance pass me by to enter a contest for tickets to see U2 :) Guess what? I was their first winner. YAY!!! But then Bono had to go and break his back, so I was left with tickets that I had to wait and use....a little over a year to be exact.
Fast forward to Monday the 23rd of May, 2011.
Brent entered a contest on Facebook (I have that boy trained...) for 103.5 to win tickets to the U2 concert. Winner was going to be announced on the news at 10pm. I saw a link for a contest and decided to enter. It was funny because a friend I went to high school with asked me on Facebook if I had won tickets last year to the concert. Which I replied yes and left it at that.
On Monday evening I was watching Hello Dolly with the kids and reading useless facts about the movie on IMDB when I look at my phone to see if the person I was playing Words with Friends had played their letters. They had, but I also noticed I had a message on my phone (it was about 10:15ish). It was a congratulations on winning tickets. At first I had not clue what they were talking about until it occurred to me that I entered a contest for U2 tickets. So I check Facebook and there were more congratulations from other people who saw my name flash up on the television (I missed it, darnit!). I check my email and sure enough there was a congratulations from the tv station I won them from! I won another pair of tickets to the U2 concert!!! Honestly, I never thought I would win. I have never, ever seen anybodies name that I recognize flash on the screen saying they won something. So now my dilemma was, "Who do I give these tickets to? Who do I take with me?" My boys wanted to go, but they had prior commitments. All I will say about that is that they were not very happy with me.
Brent had been planning on going with me all along to the concert. On Tuesday, as he was working, some things came up that would have made things a little more tricky to go so he said to take his ticket and offer it to a friend and make it a girls-night-out (I love that man.....he's the best). Oh, the two tickets I won, I offered them to two of my friends as well. So I took my three friends (yep, that is all I have is three friends :) ) and we had a Tuesday night Girls Night Out with 50,000 or so of our closest friends! It was an awesomely, splendid, fantastic night! Including getting a parking ticket! Which by the way, I am going to fight. Long story short...where I parked was a two hour parking lot (which I did not know when I parked there, and there was not a sign by the driveway where I came in stating that). Yes I did park there for longer then two hours..try six. But the ticket that I was given has a time stamp on it of 20:02 (8:02pm). When I arrived at the parking lot, we went straight to dinner, and walked straight up to the counter and placed my order for dinner (this was prior to the concert). There is a time stamp on my dinner receipt that says 6:21pm. This is clearly NOT two hours!!! I was not given two hours of parking before the ticket was written. Don't get me wrong, I know I parked there longer. But the fact that the ticket was written before the two hour mark is what bothers me. Besides....$50 for parking!?! Yeah, I am going to fight it. It is not something that would go on my flawless driving record ;) (I am being serious...knock on wood, I have never had a ticket). It is just a private company, but honestly, $50!?!
Oh well, it did not put a damper on the night. We had a good laugh about it. Besides, if I do have to pay the $50, it was still worth it, I had a great night with friends!
(oh, I did take pics...I just haven't taken them off my phone and the camera as well....I will edit this post later. In the meantime, just use your imagination. Rubios-Trax-UTA-Rice Eccles Stadium (E37, row 59, seat 16)-The Fray-U2-LOTS and LOTS of people-Walking down 4th South (didn't want to wait for Trax-ticket on windshield...you get the picture...that is what you should be picturing in your imagination :) )
1 comment:
How awesome that you won tickets! And, not just one set, but TWO! You are super lucky! Way to go! Glad you had a great time!!
Post a Comment