Thursday, December 20, 2012

Up on my soapbox I go.....

Some parents need parenting classes. Even grandparents.  Why do I say this?  Well, we went to a junior high choir concert tonight and a grandma kept walking to the front, and when  I say front I mean in front of everyone who was sitting watching the choirs sing.  She positioned herself smack dab in front of her granddaughter.  There was not guessing who she was there to see.  Not only did the grandmother do this, but so did the mother,,,the mother of the child, the daughter of the grandmother - got it?  I guess the apple does not fall from the tree.  Seriously people, where are your manners when attending a concert?  If there were people recording the concert, well they have the backsides of two women, and at times the gut of one of them (her shirt kept crawling up - okay it was a small shirt that did not fit this woman).  I know, nice visual.
Next, parents, don't let your child out of the house looking like she is going to work the streets.  Some clothing is just not appropriate for 12-14 year old girls.  For example: say you are well endowed, don't let your daughter wear a strapless dress with a short skirt.  Also,no one shoulder dresses with your bra and strap sticking out of it - I don't need to know that your 12 year old is wearing a nude color bra. Also, your daughter should not be wearing a skin tight mini dress with fashion fish net nylons.  Next, girl with the striped candy can eye shadow, your eyes from far away look like you have no idea how to apply mascara - it looks clumped and like you blinked and smeared mascara all over your eye lids.  Wearing a red knit skirt - maybe you should make sure you put it on correctly and not upside down.  Lastly, we really do not need a repeat of anything 80's - hair, makeup or clothing!  Makeup especially.  So many of the girls were definitely trying to look much older than they really are.  I think if the parents are buying their children - and YES, they are still children, clothing, the parent's definitely have a say in what their teenage daughter wears.
Parents, please, Please, PLEASE dress your daughters appropriately.  Or make them dress appropriately.  This school has a dress policy, let's adhere to the dress policy even when at a concert performing.
Okay, I have now stepped off of my soapbox.

Oh...and apparently when one is out of school for the semester, what does one do?  Write on their blog.  This is my third post this week.  Holy Moley (usually I say holy cow but then I have to defend myself and say that yes I do worship cows (not really) ).  Anyway, I must really miss writing since I did an awful lot of that this past semester; weekly...lots and lots and even more lots of reflecting.   Maybe what I am trying to say is that I miss writing.  Could it be?!?!
And just so you know, I am not proofreading this blog post.  I am not going to do it.  Instead, I am going to go take my makeup off and call it a night.

No comments: