Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I think I'm getting old...

I really do. Not that I am that old, or at least I do not feel that old. People never guess my correct age - not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I am told that it is a good thing, so I will go along with that. Although, I do like that I do not look my age.
But seriously, I am getting old. More like, I need a nap!!!! I just do not have time for a nap. Doesn't a nap sound wonderful, though? I think it does. Although, I have never been able to take a nap. If I do take a nap I might as well kiss the night goodbye. Seriously (I like that word - it makes me sound like I know what I am talking about - hahahaha - seriously though, that is what the people in my speech class said - hahaha - funny people), oh sorry, do you have a ladder to help me get off my soap box? If I take a nap though, I am up all night long. It is not uncommon for me to still be awake at four and five in the morning, if I have a nap. It does not have to be a long nap, even thirty minutes kills my bed time -not that we go to bed early, that we certainly do not do.
But I am dreaming of a nap; picturing what a nap would feel like; thinking a nap would feel truly fantastic right now.
Is it sad when it is Sunday and you can not wait until the weekend because then you can sleep in. But then the weekend - Saturday - comes and you find out that you cannot sleep in because you have obligations that have to be met, or because you kids come in and wake you up, say six in the morning? Yea, love it!!!! (that is being said very sarcastically by the way)
So here I am, dreaming of the weekend when I am able to sleep in and get that much needed sleep that I would love to have. ZZZZzzzzzzz, but I know it probably will not happen since there are many much needed projects to finish around the house before next week. Oh well, I guess there is next week that I can start planning that nap for.
Maybe I will start scheduling a nap, a weekly nap, into my life, into my Palm (palm pilot that is - not my hand - that would be weird).

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

You are too funny! Sorry you can't take a nap...

~heidi said...

The funny thing is I gave in, decided not to study for my test - which I did not do very well on - but I decided to take a nap for about 15 minutes!!!! Late night and early, early mornings - I know not as early as yours - are killing me! Okay not quite killing me - but they are giving me puffy eyes! It is sad when the kids at school ask if you are tired.
I think I need to take stock out in Visine - clears the red out of the eyes at least so I do not look like I am doing drugs each morning prior to going to work.

Julie said...

I love naps, but don't get them enough!