Let me first set up this conversation. But to do that I need to rewind to Thursday. I was at school (work) and one of the students, who has an interpreter, the interpreter and I were talking. I needed a phone number so I had called my sister and asked her to look it up, since I was at work. She sent me a test with the phone number that I was looking for. This interpreter had said that she likes to Cha-cha information. I am behind I guess, I did not understand, so she said send a text to chacha with the information you are looking for and they will send the info back to you.
Later that night I was telling my sister this and she said that they like to text google and do the same thing.
Okay, fast forward to last night, Friday. I had won tickets to Pink on the Rink, the Grizzlies Hockey Game, so Brent and I made a date of this. Which was totally fun and awesome and the game was fabulous!!! Too bad for the season ticket holder sitting behind us that left early - I guess it shows how much faith he has in his team :)
We left the game and we were driving down Redwood Road and passed a Maverick and then a 7-11. Brent asked if I wanted to stop and get a snack - a Slurpee or Frozen Yogurt. I then proceeded to say that if we are going to get something cold we should go to one of two ice cream places in Salt Lake that I have wanted to try. I had a vague idea as to where one was located, but not the other. So I said lets chacha the information. (I had tried texting google earlier for some different information, but it was not successful in returning any results).
So here I go, texting CHACHA - 242242 just in case you are wondering.
Now the following is the actual conversation - text transcription - that I had with CHACHA, which leads me to believe, I was conversing with an actual person. (I am going to leave out business phone numbers)
Me (11/7 10:18pm): Scoopology utah
242242 (11/7 10:18): ChaCha's working on your answer - keep an eye on your phone! *AMEX Blue Sky apply today
Me (11/7 10:19pm): Spoon me utah
242242 (11/7 10:20pm): Scoopology is located at 7710 So. Union Park Avenue, Midvale, UT 84047. Ph:801562****Thanks for asking ChaCha!*Reply RTONES for Ringtones
Me(11/7 10:21pm): Spoon me utah
242242 (11/7 10:21pm): I know this could be an interesting conversation...but let's talk about something else. New question? Keep on ChaCha-ing!
Me (11/7 10:22pm): Spoon me utah is an ice cream place
242242 (11/7 10:24pm): Spoon me means to engage in the act of Spooning. ChaCha On http://chacha.com/
Me (11/7 10:26pm): It is the name of an ice cream parlor in salt lake city utah, I just would like the address please. I am not a weirdo, I want to try their ice cream. Trust me
242242 ((11/7 10:26pm): ChaCha's working on your answer - keep an eye on your phone!
*Get the best channels w/ Dish Net
242242 (11/7 10:27pm): Spoon Me located at 1846 E 9400 S Sandy, UT 84093, phone number is (801)576***
Me(11/7 10:31pm): Found it. different address from what I was given, thank you though. 400 s. 532 e Salt Lake City.
***Side note - there is a Spoon Me located at the address I was given - it was just that it was out of my way - wrong direction***
Okay, I really wanted to go to Spoon Me in the first place and it was sort of on the way home - at least not that far out of the way, the one in downtown SLC, that is, and I also had a a vague idea as to its location. But oh my word!! Either it was a very smart computer that I was arguing with or a person that was not going to help me because they thought I was sending a ridiculous request! Seriously, if I could have crawled through the phone and rang their neck I would have!!! Then, if they could accept pic. messages, I would have taken a picture of the Spoon Me sign, a picture of the employees, a picture of the ice cream and a pic of us eating the ice cream and I would have sent it to the CHACHA employee that did not believe me and that made me sit there and text him/her for over 10 minutes - 13 minutes I believe to be exact!!!
So, next time you decide to get information through texting - specifically CHACHA -good luck, I think you will find it faster on your own rather than texting them.
Another side note ***it appears ChaCha must monitor for any comments, because there is a helpful comment left on how to ask the question next time. Just for the record, if they are reading, I still ChaCha after my experience, and I receive an answer quicker than google.****
6 comments:
There is a Spoon Me at the address you were given. Also, you used very ambiguous phrases with few qualifiers... ChaCha cant read your mind and doesn't work like Google.
Try using ChaCha with natural language: "Where is the closest Spoon Me Ice Cream place to me?" and you will have a much better experience.
It is not that it was not a great experience - only a funny experience. I still find ChaCha works much better than Google - but good idea and suggestion the next time it is used!
That is funny. I just learned about ChaCha a couple of weeks ago... comes in kind of handy. Send me your email address when you have a chance and I'll send you an invite for our blog. amandabuckway@yahoo.com
I'm so behind, I didn't even know you could text google. I would've done the same thing. Sounds like the person on the other end of chacha was the one with the dirty mind!
Haha! Too funny!
I know, that it is necessary to make)))
Post a Comment