Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I love this...

I am not only proud of my missionary, but I am proud of Parker and Madi as well.  The other night, Parker and Madi each wrote a letter to Garrett.  I was fortunate enough to catch Garrett on the computer and so we managed to email each other back and forth.  At one point he asked if Madi wrote Parker's letter?  I had no idea what he was talking about, I knew Parker had written Garrett, not Madi, so I was confused.  I asked Parker what Garrett meant, and I asked him what he wrote.  Parker then asked me if I wanted to read the letter he wrote to Garrett, which I replied I did.  Here is the letter Parker sent his brother (all I have to say is his letter made me cry).......

Well... not much has changed. Subway is still the same old stuff, except for the fact ______ got fired, but anyway! I was sitting in seminary the other day and got bored, nothing unusual, but i was flipping through pages and wound up on the M's of the bible dictionary and started reading, I came upon the word Miracles. As i read it it was all normal scripture references and words and then i reached the end. The last sentence says " Miracles are a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ. If miracles cease it is because faith has ceased. See Mark 6:5–6; Morm. 9:10–20; Ether 12:12." I know that this is true seeing that in past month one friend I'm not way too close to started to leave the church, a group of his friends started praying for him and as i was talking to him in class the other day he said he went to his room and saw his scriptures, he continued to tell me he opened them up and got this comforting feeling so he started reading. After reading he said he got this feeling he needed to go to church the coming Sunday, he said that while he was at church they watched the new video for the Youth, the theme this year is come unto Christ and he told me how on the video the picture of Jesus got his mind turning and he thought about when he was baptized and the spiritual rush it gave him, he then started listening to the lyrics and he said when the words "let him and he will take away your pain, when you feel his love you'll never be the same" really hit him. He then heard the part "by his grace hes calling to you... with arms open wide" put him into tears. I feel that tender mercies like this are what keep us going, I know tender mercies in my life are what keep me going and are what keep me true and strong to the faith. I don't know if you've heard the new theme song yet but its one of the most beautiful songs and it has tons of truths that on any bad day will help you! Another thing I love about it is all of the miracles that Jesus preformed that are mentioned in it. This song is the best song to listen to when sad, mad , or just feeling down. every time i listen to it it almost brings me to tears, no joke! But anyway, I'm very happy of the example you've set for me and I'm looking forward to serving my mission. Well, for now have a great time and talk to ya later bro! Also just remember to look for those tender mercies in you life, my seminary teacher challenged us to write every single one down and I've been doing that, on any bad or hard day just go back through all the tender mercies you've had and it will turn a frown upside down and lighten your day!

No comments: