Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I'm Thinking....

I'm thinking this is hard.  I know I have said it before, but the quote, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" well, in two years that better be true!  I know it will be, but still...
Right now I am looking at some flowers, white petals with purple edges.  I am also looking at hot pink ribbon with white polka dots.  Next to that, cardstock cards and envelopes in a rainbow of colors.  In front of me, fake red roses (they do look remarkably real though...except for the dust that has collected on them).
My point is that, right now, this very minute, I am surrounded by color.  I, however, don't feel all that colorful.  I feel gray.  But then there is always that little tender mercy to bring some color into my world.
We were able to talk to Garrett this morning and hopefully sometime soon while he has a layover in Atlanta.
Second tender mercy came in the form of a friend/ward member.  A member of my ward was on the same flight as Garrett!!!  How awesome is that!?!  And they took a picture of him and sent it to me!  I am beyond thrilled to get to see Garrett, even if it is only through pictures!
So, I guess my day is not so gray, is does have bursts of color in it.  I will just have to keep looking for the color to wash the rest of the gray away.

No comments: