Well, I am finally putting some of the photos that Brent and I took when we took that very spontaneous, quick trip to Glen Canyon to see the High Flow Release of water, which was incredible (I will post the kids photos later when I get a hold of their cameras). We only spent a few hours at Glen Canyon. We took the tour of the dam and took some pictures and all three kids were made Junior Park Rangers while we were there. Only Madi had her picture taken when she was "taking the oath" the be a Junior Park Ranger. Both Garrett and Parker went ahead of us and turned in their paperwork, but they did not have the big grand ceremony like Madi did. I think they were jealous - especially Garrett, since he really gets into that sort of stuff.lol
We then left Glen Canyon Saturday afternoon in hopes of making it to Four Corners. I have always wanted to go there and lately Madi has been asking if we could go there as well. So, we left Glen Canyon, but took our time, stopping to take pictures on the way, but Four Corners closed at 5pm. So, we drove through all four states as consolation, I guess. It was fun. Then it was off to Moab.
On Sunday we drove through Arches. That was beautiful. Out of all the National Parks we have been to, that was the cheapest to get into. We were short on time, so we were not able to make the hike to Delicate Arch, so we took a high to a view point to see Delicate Arch. Still, it was amazing. What a great place to go hike and explore. The kids had fun climbing up on some of the rocks.
I think we definitely will be heading back soon. I am sure Garrett will be asking soon enough as it is. You see, for Christmas, we surprised the kids with a trip to California. We went to San Francisco on Christmas Day by plane and then we came home on Amtrak. A month later, Brent had a job to do in Seattle. My brother lives in Seattle so we decided to go to Seattle with Brent. The kids were out of school so we spent three days there and had a lot of fun. Well, a couple of weeks ago, before this trip to Moab, Garrett asks where we are going to go? Not knowing what he meant, we asked him what he meant by his question. To which he replies, "Well, we are due to take a trip, it has been a long time since we went somewhere and now we need to go someplace." He was totally serious, too. We told him that we had just been to Seattle and before that California. He said he knew but that was a month ago and we are taking trips every month now, so now we need to go someplace.
So no, Moab was not for him to fulfill his wish. It was a spur and I mean very spur of the minute trip. Anyway, have a wonderful day!
2 comments:
Fun! I love spur of the moment stuff -- makes traveling even more fun.:)
Cute pictures! It's been a long time since I've checked your blog cuz I wasn't sure if you were posting on it, but now I know you are! So I will keep checking back... :) Tell your family hi!
Post a Comment