Friday, July 11, 2008

Have You Ever Seen....

So I drop really subtle hints to Brent about what I want to do. Last week I received an email from jonschmidt.com, a newsletter I get. Well, he will give away free tickets to upcoming concerts, and no I did not win them. But I told Brent (here is my really subtle hint) that I have always - well for quite a few years now, ever since I did win tickets once and was not able to use them and gave them to my parents - but, subtle hint remember, that I have wanted to see him in concert. He, Jon Schmidt, has only been in concert a gabillion times ever since I won those tickets that I could not use. So, hint, hint, subtleness (I know probably not a word, but I am still going to use it) it always works, we have not been on a real date (it is not like we don't go places without the kids, but I do not call Walmart a date. Lowes maybe, if I want to go there, no, still not a date).
(remember I am giving Brent a very subtle hint, he has told me he cannot read minds because men are not mind readers) "So, I got an email from Jon Schmidt and I think you should buy tickets for me to go see him, well for both of us, we can do that for a date, because we do not go on many planned dates." (how was that for subtle - I don't think he has caught the hint for Coldplay yet, not sure, but I am not sure about seeing them in concert now, after hearing them on youtube from some of their recent live performances, Chris Martin just was all over the place, sounded okay, but nothing like the cd, but if he did get me tickets, you know caught onto the subtle hints, I still would not mind seeing them in concert.)
Okay, sorry, I get on little rants. Subtle hint, that is right. So, I drop a subtle hint about wanting to see Jon Schmidt and that he is going to be at the Sandy City Amphitheater. So guess what? Brent bought tickets for us to see him. Not only did he buy tickets, but they were reserved seating, I was just hoping to get in and I was willing to take lawn seating. They were awesome seats. I think there though, lawn still would be great. Can I say how beautiful that place is? Oh my word, the sun was setting and he was playing the piano, the sunset was beautiful, the city lights were twinkling.
It was beautiful. What an awesome night. The music was incredible. He had a guy named Jon Troast open for him. He was really good as well. He sang and even involved the audience. It was just a fun night. I think we will take the kids to see him, Jon Schmidt, in a few weeks at Wolf Mountain. If you have never seen him in concert, he is very entertaining. He is an incredible piano player and composer.
About half way through the concert we get a call though, "Dad I am going to be home somewhere between 11pm and midnight." So we skipped out on the encore of the concert. Arrived home just after 11pm to find Garrett home and he found his present that I ordered for him earlier in the week while he was away on High Adventure. He paid for it, but did not know I was ordering his Blueline HO Big Boy. He was excited to see it. He honestly did not know if he was ever going to get it since they are always out of stock. He has worked hard to save his money up for it and when he was finally able to order it, it was sold out. He was quite bummed, but I found a place that had two in stock. I emailed the guy in Florida and quickly ordered it and it arrived today. YEA!!!! Parker's Amtrak trains came as well - so both kids had things to open...YEA!!!!
It was a good day all around. I put the finishing touches, okay completed a major assignment for my Exploring Education class and turned that in. Whew - 1 down, 5 to go that are due by Sunday (different classes).
So this concert was a great way to relax and unwind and just enjoy a romantic night with Brent. Brent, thank you for taking me to the concert. You are awesome!!! I really enjoyed spending the evening with you under the stars listening to great music. Thank you for putting up with my "subtle hints." You truly are a terrific husband! I love you.

3 comments:

The Swensons said...

Fun! I LOVE Jon Schmidt's music. I have some of his sheet music, but of course it sounds nothing like him when I play it! I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Julie said...

"Not so subtle" hints are the only ones my hubby gets. Glad you had a great time. I have to say, I've never heard of Jon Schmidt, but I'll have to seek him out.

meegz said...

I LOVE Jon Schmidt! We have seen him twice. His christmas concert at U of U is great too!:) Glad Brent caught on.:)