Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wanna Piece of Cake?

So, today is April 1 and all day, I guess more like all morning before I went to work, I wanted to get the kids. I started thinking about this the other day and how I was going to get them. When I was little, my mom and my brother decided to pull one on my sister and I, and what she did was put a piece of cardboard in a pancake. I know it really does not sound like that big of deal, but it was. I have never forgotten it. I tried to cut and cut and cut, and it just would not cut. There was something wrong with that pancake. Finally after my mom and brother quit laughing I was told what they did. So....do you know what I did year and years later?....... Well, my sister and I were trying to figure out some way to get our parents for April Fool's...boy is my mom going to kill me when she reads this...sorry mom....I guess do now and ask for forgiveness later?....Anywho, back to my story.... So here we are to teenage girls trying to pull a prank on our parents. I think I got the idea on t.v. that day, we decided to cover the toilet in my parents bedroom with plastic wrap. You put it under the seat, stretched really tight...well you get the picture. Next, we put vaseline on the toilet, the seat part. Idea...you slip off of the toilet. Well, I do not really remember how the vaseline part went, but I do remember hearing my mom yell for my dad. She was the one who had to use the toilet, so she went to her bathroom to use the toilet. I remember my dad walked out laughing. My mom, she was not to happy with my me and my sister.

Well, so anyway, first sorry about the video not being a whole lot better, but it would have given it away. Well, I decided to make a "chocolate cake" for the kids when they came home from school. First, they should have realized that mom does not have homemade snacks ready for them when they come home from school. And honestly, are we going to hand deliver our children their snack? "Please kids eat this cake...we want you to...you have had such a hard day at school...." Really, are my kids that gullible? They are. What I did was took a yellow,brand new (had to put that in there so you did not think I am trying to poison my kids with germs), sponge. Cut it up into squares and then took chocolate syrup and squeezed and carefully "painted" the sponge until it reached a nice chocolate cake brown color. Next, put frosting on top of it. TA-DA...chocolate sponge cake!!!! Garrett came home, I was at work so Brent offered him a "cake" he took it, stuffed most of it into his mouth. Nothing. Pulled it out and looked at it. Then he realized. Parker claims he knew. He said it was to crumbly. He is the smart one of the bunch. Madi, well as you can tell by the video, she took it..continued to talk, and talk, and talk, and talk (an everyday thing with her, someone puts quarters into that girl), well she tried to take a bite. Really, an easy gag to do and one that gets them. Now we are going to take the rest and try on my nieces and nephew. What a nice aunt I am....hahaha.


Anyway, if you want a piece of cake, I will save you a piece....



Have a good day!

3 comments:

The Swensons said...

That's great! How funny. I'm not nearly that creative...

meegz said...

I'm laughing outloud! Nice job Heidi!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Too funny! I can't believe you pulled one over on your smart kids (if only just for a second)! Haha!