Thursday, December 5, 2013

I never thought the day would come...

And then it did!!!  (Not another missionary post)  Today I sat in my last class at Weber.  No I am not done with school, but I have no more classes on campus - well actual classes.  There will be a seminar that I have to attend, but it is not weekly.  So, today was my last day sitting in class.  What a weird feeling to know that I do not have classes at Weber anymore.  For the past 6 and a half years this day seemed like such a long ways away.  But wow, did that time sort of seem to fly by, that is looking back of course.  Next semester is what I have been working towards....STUDENT TEACHING!
What am I going to miss the most about school?  Well, it was funny, before we left class today, my friend decided to say how she was going to miss everyone.  For the past year (or three semesters) the same students have been in class together.  Yes a few have jumped to afternoon, but for the most part it has been the same students - girls in this case.  We have come to know each other, listen to each others experience in schools, listen to the highlights of our families; we have become friends.  That is what is exciting about the teaching program, you make friends that last a lifetime.  I will miss the friendships I have made.  I will miss seeing these girls and collaborating on lesson plans and sharing ideas.
What I won't miss is the drive!  The drive in the snow.  The drive in the cold.  The drive with everyone else heading to 8:30 class.  I won't miss the stupid drivers on the road that flip you off as they speed, way above the speed limit I might add, and pass you in the turning lane on a bend in the road (Totally illegal).  I won't miss getting up at 6:30 (at least for the next three weeks).  I won't miss homework deadlines.  I won't miss tests (although I have not had any of those for the past year).  I won't miss the 52 stairs I have to hike up to get to class carrying a 25 pound backpack (seriously, it is sooooo heavy).  I definitely won't miss buying $500+ worth of books that never get cracked opened.  I think I could go on and on, but I won't.
Anyway, I am nearly done!  Just one semester left!

No comments: