I was going through the sock bucket...yes I have a sock bucket. As I fold laundry, socks are always the last thing to get touched (matched). Nobody wants to do the socks. So as I fold and come across a sock it goes into the bucket until someone takes it upon themselves (which is never) to match them up. Otherwise, you go through the sock bucket and find a match to wear. Have I ever said how much I HATE laundry! With a passion...a strong passion. (okay those last two sentences brought a smirk to my face, maybe I can make it through the rest of the year :) ).
Back to the story...or post...I was going through the sock bucket when all of the sudden I had a full blown ugly cry come out. Can I say how much I love Brent? He has been so so patient with me through this. He is there for me (when he is not out of town) each crying attack I have. He just holds me until it is over. I love him. I know he is going through the same heartache I am going through, but maybe, just maybe, I am crying enough for the two of us. Maybe I have acquired his tears, if that were possible.....
Socks! Socks of all things. Who would have thunk? It is the quiet of the house, no boys home arguing, laughing, yelling at each other or at Madi, no tormenting the dog taking place. Just Madi and Brent, and me and my thoughts. Wandering to next Tuesday. Tuesday when Garrett will be made an Elder. Tuesday evening, the precursor to Wednesday. I asked Brent this morning if we could possibly stop time and freeze on this week and never let next week happen. As much as it needs to happen I don't want it to.
I know they say two years fly by....which I know they do when I look back. But when you are at the beginning of those two years it might as well be forever.
I keep thinking of ways I can count down until he comes home. Do I do hours? That is a bit too much. What about days? That seems doable...at least there is daily progress being made as the numbers decrease. Do I do weeks? The numbers are quite as big, which always looks better. But in my mind, I am not seeing the change for seven days! What about a combination? Hmmmm...that is a thought.
All I know is the time is getting shorter and shorter until next week and I don't like it! I want more time with my son! More time to raise him, to teach him what he needs to know for this big event, more time to chase trains with him, more time to give him a kiss goodnight and tell him I love him...every day, every night.
Next week will come and I know there will be many other things that set the tears off, but for today or this moment, it is socks.
No comments:
Post a Comment