Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Difference an Hour can Make....

The house is quiet.  I am not use to this quiet.  Well, I am use to it.  In the past I would treasure the moments of quiet, well sort of.  I love having noise in my house; noise from my family.  I love knowing that we are all together, safe under one roof.  I love knowing where we each are.  But today I have to be a big girl and endure the next few hours alone, in a quiet house.  Not even the t.v. is bringing me the noise I need.  Just like 2 or 3am, I am not a fan of quiet.
They say the time will fly by quickly.  Everyone says that.  They say it feels like it starts out slow but then all of the sudden a year has hit, then next thing you know it has been two.  Really?  Does it really fly by?  This past year has flown by so quickly for me.  However, now that I look back, it too feels like it has crept along.  The only time that feels like it is flying by quickly is the time that is marching forth to Garrett's departure to the MTC.
An hour ago I felt fine, but now, not so much.  I don't like the feeling of the house being empty being alone, being quiet.

No comments: